Iowa Public Radio seeks a knowledgeable and dedicated Radio Broadcast Engineer to join our Engineering team! With this position, we will have a team of 5 Engineers – 2 in Ames, 2 in Cedar Falls, and 1 in Iowa City maintaining the technical broadcast transmission and production equipment across our network. This includes assisting in the design, improvement, expansion, and maintenance of production, broadcast, and radio frequency transmitting systems for the IPR network of radio stations. Located in Ames, this position specifically shares responsibility for 11 signals/10 sites utilizing a station-owned vehicle and equipment.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two years of experience with a desire to learn in an ever-changing environment and to assume responsibility for responding to network operational goals.
Iowa Public Radio is a well-respected non-profit organization. IPR offers an excellent benefits package, including health benefits, a retirement plan with a 2-to-1 employer match, immediate accrual of vacation (16 hours monthly) and sick (12 hours monthly) time and a flexible work environment.
- Associates degree in Electronics Engineering, Broadcast Engineering or related field or equivalent broadcast engineering related experience to substitute for a degree;
- Two years of experience in broadcast engineering, including experience in analog audio wiring and systems and signal processing and measurement equipment;
- Knowledge of RF, AM and FM transmission systems; Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations;
- Ability to read and understand system drawings, signal flows, and schematics; and
- Ability to climb ladders, lift 70 pounds, use power tools and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with basic TCP/IP networking and IP-based digital audio systems;
- Project management experience; and
- SBE certification.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.